This week we are cutting out processed foods. Everyone interprets processed foods differently so I am going to provide guidelines to follow. Try your best to not eat processed foods but if you do jump back on track for your next meal.
What are processed foods? Processed foods have been altered from their natural state, either for safety reasons or for convenience. The methods used include canning, freezing, refrigeration, dehydration and aseptic processing.
Processed Foods that are not good for your Diet/DO NOT EAT THIS WEEK:
- Canned foods with large amounts of sodium or fat.
- Pasta meals made with refined white flour instead of whole grains.
- Packaged high-calorie snack foods such as chips.
- Frozen packaged dinners that are high in sodium.
- Packaged cakes and cookies.
- Boxed meal mixes that are high in fat and sodium.Sugary breakfast cereals.
- Processed meats.
Any questions? Let me know! Good luck!!