Cleansing my body:
After I got back from my ski vacation in Aspen, I felt like I needed a good cleanse but I didn’t want to only juice. So the past 3 days I have been on a juice/raw food cleanse. I have been drinking Liquiteria juices and eating small salads with only raw ingredients for lunch and dinner. I cut out coffee, alcohol, and meat during this cleanse, too. This is a great way to cleanse your body while still being able to eat solid foods. Despite being a little sick, I feel pretty good.
Cleaning my home:
Another way I am stepping into spring is cleaning out my apartment. One of the best feelings is getting rid of old things to make room for some new things and having a fresh-smelling, clean-looking home. Some tips to clean your home:
1. Organize your closet. Get rid of the clothes you no longer wear and give them away! Organize your closet by color – it will look pretty and be easy to find things!
2. Clean out your pantry and your fridge. Start fresh: take everything out and clean it. Get rid of the food that has expired. Organize your pantry and fridge by like groups.
3. Create a different mood – maybe change your bedding, the towels in your bathroom, or decorations on your dinner table to add some spring color!
4. Vacuum your rugs/carpet to keep it looking clean. The more often you vacuum, the better!
5. CLEAN – and really clean. Designer Joe Nye says, “Polish silver, wash windows, wipe down the lightbulbs in your lamps, wipe down the walls. Everything will gleam and glisten. The effect will be cathartic and make you feel like you have accomplished something.”
6. BONUS! Buy yourself some pretty flowers to brighten up the room! IT’S SPRING!
Starting fresh always feels great. Hope everyone has an enjoyable spring season!